This classic pizza is simple to prepare. Sun- ripe tomatoes, basil and mozzarella make a good team.
Preparation time: 2-3 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
· 1 pizza base, about 25-30 cm / 10-12 inches diameter
· 30-ml / 2 tbsp olive oil
· 250-ml / 8fl oz / 1-cup ready-made tomato sauce
· 150g / 5 oz mozzarella cheese
· 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
· 6-8 fresh basil leaves
· 30ml / 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
· Ground black pepper
· Preheat the oven to 220 C / 425 F / Gas 7. Brush the pizza base with 15ml / 1 tbsp of oil and then spread over the tomato sauce, taking it to the edges.
· Cut the mozzarella cheese into thin slices.
· Arrange the sliced mozzarella and tomatoes on top of the pizza base. They look very attractive in concentric circles, with alternate slices of tomato and cheese.
· Roughly tear the basil leave, add and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Drizzle over the remaining oil and season with black pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden.
· Serve immediately.