My name is Meriam. I and my friends have been very sad and angry after watching how Muslim children are being killed in Palestine. We feel so helpless. What can we do to help those innocent kids?
This year on our special nights of Ramadan, Israel’s armed soldiers attacked innocent unarmed people peacefully praying in Masjid Al-Aqsa.
Do read the history of this oppression and conflict given in this issue of hibakidz.
Next we must understand what Allah (swt) wants us to do.
- Allah (swt) wants us to use our power to defend the weak.
- Allah (swt) wants us to stand for peace and justice.
- Allah (swt) wants us to teach people good and stop evil.
- Allah (swt) wants us to speak the truth, even if we are afraid.
It’s understandable that you feel helpless, but there are some things that we can do for Palestine.
- Educate yourself about the history of Palestine. Find out how all this started, why Israel is oppressing innocent people and most importantly, what the Quran says about this.
- Raise awareness about this issue as much as you can through whatever sources are available to you. If you use social media, you can write about it there. If you have a wide circle of friends, you can discuss it with them. Inform others about the correct facts and figures of what is happening. Emphasize that the mainstream media often does not give the complete picture.
- Help raise funds and money for people in Palestine. Maybe you can do a bake sale with your friends, or sell your toys and books that are in good condition. Ask your parents to give the money to reliable organizations that are collecting funds for Palestine.
- Last, but not the least, make plenty of Dua. Pray for the brave people protecting Masjid Al-Aqsa. One Dua you may make is:
رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Our Lord, pour upon us patience and plant firmly our feet and give us victory over the disbelieving people. (Al-Baqarah 2:250)
Liked what you read?
Order the print issues today or subscribe to the magazine
Click here for more subscription bundles