- Squeeze out the juice of a sweet pomegranate and cook it, until it gets thick. Use this thick liquid many times a day.
- Chop dry ginger and mix with honey. Take this mixture in the morning and evening for seven days.
- Pure honey is the most common cure for sore throat. It also provided resistance against germs.
- The Prophet (sa) liked honey and recommended it for many diseases. Jabir Ibn Abdullah has narrated that he heard the Prophet (sa) saying: “If there is any healing in your medicines, then it is in cupping, a gulp of honey or branding with fire (cauterization) that suits the ailment, but I don’t like to be (cauterized) branded with fire.” (Bukhari)
- When we have sore throat, we usually feel lethargic. In order to strengthen your body, take one tablespoon of honey every day.
- You can also mix ¼ cup of vinegar with ¼ cup of honey and take one tablespoon six times in a day.
- If in addition to sore throat you are suffering also from cough, take one tablespoon honey with 2-3 whole black peppers once a day.
- For relieving pain in throat, chew 2-3 whole cloves to release the juice. This juice will take away the pain of throat for hours. Remember not to eat the cloves!
- Apple cider vinegar also is a good remedy. Take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar twice a day to relief throat pain.
Try these hot beverages for reducing swelling in throat:
- Honey is a great soother, which will relieve your throat irritation. Add one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice in your tea.
- Boil some pomegranate rinds and drink as a tea. The pomegranate rind contains astringents, which will help your throat problem.
Gargling has amazing healing powers and is very useful for curing sore throat. Try these gargle tips:
- In half cup of water, mix ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and ¼ tsp honey. Gargle with this water in the mornings and evenings.
An age-old gargling recipe is to mix warm water and salt. Gargle with this saltwater.