- ½ pound mutton chops
- 1 pound potatoes.
- 1 egg
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz milk
- Oil for frying
- Bread crumbs
- Beat the chops until flat and boil in water with some ginger and garlic.
- After they are boiled do NOT throw away the extra water. Leave at least 1 cup of this stock.
- Now take out the chops from the water and marinate them with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Put enough of each to make sure each chop in properly covered.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them. Add the butter, milk and salt to taste into the potatoes.
- Now cover each chop with the mashed potatoes leaving the bone of the chop uncovered.
- Now dip these chops into an egg( salt and red chilli powder added) and coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry the chops until golden brown.
For the tomato sauce
- Stock (left over after boiling the chops)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 oz dried plums
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Red chilli powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon ginger.
- Take the stock left over after boiling the chops. Cut very small pieces of the tomatoes and add into the stock.
- Now add in the dried plums along with vinegar, sugar, salt and ginger and the chilli powder.
- Keep this mixture on a low flame to boil until the tomatoes become really soft. Now strain this mixture, and squeeze the tomato sauce leaving behind the peel.
- Pour this sauce over the chops and serve hot.