For the dough:
- 5 cups flour
- 1,5 cups water (warm)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tomatoes
- 200 g cheese (shredded)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- coriander leaves (cut small)
- salt (to taste)
- Cut tomatoes into rings. Mix together the shredded cheese, minced garlic, cut coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- In the warm water, dissolve sugar, salt and butter. Add flour into it and knead the dough until it is soft. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out half of the dough into a big, thin circle.
- Put on the dough the tomatoes circles, leaving between them about 3 cm space. Put the filling onto the tomatoes.
- Roll out the second half of the dough and cover with the the tomatoes with the stuffing.
- Place a suitable size glass over each tomato circle and cut them out from the dough.
- Fry the the cut out patties in a good amount of oil from both sides. When ready, place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Enjoy your tomato-cheese patties!