In times, when confusion and misguidance is rife and we can’t tell our foes from friends, when people, whether believers or disbelievers, are made to believe lies and led to hopelessness, we need to seek refuge in Allah (swt) instantly.
Our Creator has not just created us and left us to our own devices to wander around in this world blindly. There is a clear guidance for all situations for those, who believe.
The following invocations from the Quran and Ahadeeth will help us stay steadfast on the truth and secure peace around us, Insha’Allah. Please recite with an intention to obey Allah (swt). Also, share with all. Support the truth by actions and condemn injustices whether in your house, workplace, schools, road and market place.
May Allah (swt) always be our only Guide and provide us refuge from Shaytan’s schemes. Ameen.
1. “I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed Shaytan.”
2. “My Lord! I seek refuge with You from the whisperings (suggestions) of the Shaytin (devils). And I seek refuge with You, My Lord, lest they may attend (or come near) me.” (Al Muminun 23:97-98)
3. “I seek refuge in Allah (swt) from being among the ignorant.” (Al-Baqarah 2:67)
4. “O Allah (swt)! I became obedient for You and believed in You, reposed faith in You, turned to You and fought by You. I seek refuge with Your honour, lest You might not lead me. There is no true God other than You. You are Ever-Alive. You never die, while the Jinn and the human beings die.” (Muslim)
5. “O Allah (swt), I seek refuge in You from the evil of destiny and from falling into the hand of calamity and from the mockery of (triumphant) enemies and from the hardship of misery.” (Muslim)
6. “O Allah (swt), I seek refuge with You from poverty, I seek refuge with You from want and humiliation, and I seek refuge with You from wrongdoing others or being wronged.” (An-Nasaai)
7. “O Allah (swt), I seek refuge with You from being overwhelmed with debt, from being overpowered by the enemy and from the enemy rejoicing over my misfortunes.” (An-Nasaai)
8. “O Allah (swt), I seek refuge in You from the bad day; from the bad night; from the bad hour; from the bad companion; and from the bad neighbour of the house of abode.” (At Tabrani)
9. “O Allah (swt), I seek refuge with You from worry and grief, from being heavily in debt and from being overpowered by (other) men.” (Abu Dawud)
10. “I seek refuge with Allah (swt) from turmoil and its visible and invisible aspects; and I seek refuge with Allah (swt) from the afflictions of the one-eyed liar.” (Ibn Hibban)