By Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee – Culinary Expert
- ½ pound mutton chops
- I pound potatoes.
- 1 egg
- 1 oz butter
- 1 oz milk
- Oil for frying
- Bread crumbs
- Beat the chops until flat and boil in water with some ginger and garlic.
- After they are boiled do NOT throw away the extra water. Leave at least 1 cup of this stock.
- Now take out the chops from the water and marinate them with vinegar, salt and pepper. Put enough of each to make sure each chop in properly covered.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them. Add the butter, milk and salt to taste into the potatoes.
- Now cover each chop with the mashed potatoes leaving the bone of the chop uncovered.
- Now dip these chops into an egg (salt and red chilli powder added) and coat with bread crumbs. Deep fry the chops until golden brown.
Image courtesy: onlinehomecooking.blogspot.com