- one whole chicken, cut into 8 to 12 pieces
- yoghurt – 1 cup
- soya sauce – 3 tbsp
- ginger, crushed – 2 tbsp
- garlic, crushed – 2 tbsp
- cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- salt – to taste
- black pepper – to taste
- red chilli powder – to taste
- lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- cooking oil – 1/2 cup
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, black pepper and red chilli powder with yoghurt and whip to form a smooth paste.
- Immerse chicken into the yoghurt paste, mix well and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pot and add to it the chicken and yoghurt mixture.
- Cook on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear (decrease heat or add a little bit of water, if yoghurt starts to stick to the pan).
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok.
- Take individual chicken pieces from the pot and add to the oil one by one. Fry on medium heat, turning frequently, until the color is a nice golden brown (don’t overcook or chicken will become dry).
Optional: Add any remaining yoghurt mix and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes for extra flavor. Sprinkle lemon juice and serve in a dish garnished with baked or fried potatoes or any other side item of your choice with bread or naan.