Despite their best efforts to keep their children busy during the friendless summer months, mothers hear the dreaded yet invariable “I’m bored” whine from their children once the planned activity is finished.
To keep your sanity this summer, here are some “filler” ideas to help bide the time in a constructive and fun manner. Write these ideas down on small flash cards for the kids to pull out whenever “there is nothing to do”.
- Think of a number. Write it. Now draw a face/object from it.
- Write the names of as many teachers in your school as you can remember.
- Name as many flavours of ice-creams as you can remember.
- List all the places where you can find sand.
- Imagine you have five children. What would you name them and why?
- How many animals can you list whose names begin with vowels?
- Name twenty colours. Look them up if you don’t know as many.
- Write numbers by sixes as far as you can go.
- List five parts of the body above the neck that have three letters.
- Write a new ending to your favourite book.
For more activities, subscribe to Hiba Magazine