What You Need
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose plain flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 standard muffin cups with butter or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture; add the buttermilk mixture and beat until smooth and well mixed (1-2 minutes).
- Using a large spatula, fold in the chocolate chips just until evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling it level with the rim.
- Bake the muffins until golden and springy to the touch (15-25 minutes). A toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffin should come out clean.
- Let the pan cool for 5 minutes.
- Unmold the muffins and let them cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy: http://raisinghomemakers.com/