The following two tabs change content below.
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee is an Islamabad-based culinary expert.
- 3/4 lb. steak meat (beef)
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Salt, pepper and vinegar
- 2 ozs. fat (oil or ghee) for frying
- Wash and slice the meat into four pieces.
- Beat them with knife on both sides.
- Put them into a bowl and pour 3 dessertspoons of vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt. Mix them altogether and keep for 1/2 or 1 hour, so that they become soft and tasty.
- Slice the onion into thick round pieces and fry till they turn brown. Cut the tomatoes into two and fry. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the fried tomatoes.
- Then fry the pieces of meat (all together) in the same Ghee. Turn them over after some time. If the water boils off but the meat is not ready, put some more water. Cover the frying-pan. When it is completely ready, and there is no water remaining, take it off. (Don’t discard the little liquid that has remained.)
Spread the pieces with liquid. On top of them, keep onions and tomatoes.