What you will need
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of dishwashing soap
- 15 drops of lemon essential oil
- a splash of water
- Mix the first three ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Slowly add a splash of water (about a tablespoon) while whisking, until your scrub reaches the consistency of Soft Scrub like you buy at the store. This scrub will be similar, but without all of the harsh chemicals. If it gets too watery, just add a little more baking soda.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Use a damp cloth and dip it into the scrub or you can spoon a little into your sink. Just use a cloth or sponge and work the scrub into your sink. For really tough spots, use a scrubber sponge to help work the scrub into the stain or scratch. Once your sink is clean, just rinse with warm water. The baking soda, dishwashing soap and lemon essential oil will also help clean and deodorize your pipes once they are washed down the sink!
This scrub really is a miracle worker and works great on porcelain, stone and stainless steel sinks too! It should keep for about 3 months and should be stored in an airtight container.
Compiled by Hira Naqi Khan