Latest posts by Amreen Rehman (see all)
- The Languages of Love - October 11, 2014
- Qualities of the People of Jannah – Conclusion of the Series - March 20, 2013
- Qualities of the People of Jannah – Part 7: Guard Your Salah - March 13, 2013
- Qualities of the People of Jannah – Part 6: Keep Your Promises - March 6, 2013
- Qualities of the People of Jannah – Part 5: Guard Your Chastity - February 27, 2013
“These are indeed the inheritors. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.” (Al-Mu’minun 23:9-10)
Al-Firdous is the highest levels in Paradise. The origins of this word come from the Farsi language word used for a green valley, a garden with all types of fruits and flowers.
The Prophet of Allah (sa) said of Firdous: “When you pray, ask for Firdous, for it is in the middle of heaven and is higher in grade than the heaven, and above Firdous is Allah’s throne; moreover, the canals of heaven flow from Firdous.” (Bukhari)
Based on the qualities of the people of Jannah we have discussed in this series of articles, here is the checklist for ensuring you would be among those, who qualify for this great bliss of Firdous:
- humility in prayer,
- staying away from useless activities,
- constantly working on improving your character, finding what needs to be cleaned up inside of you,
- guarding your modesty and chastity,
- fulfilling the rights of those under your care, fulfilling your oaths and contracts and honouring that which is entrusted to you.
True success is not confined to transitory worldly and material prosperity but compromises both the success in this life and the hereafter. It is attained through sincere faith and righteous deeds. This is a fundamental principle, which cannot be denied either by ‘worldly success’ of the evil doers or by temporary ‘failure’ of the righteous believers.
(Read the introductory article to the series here.)