By S. N. Jangda – Business student, novice chef, and self-proclaimed DIY beauty expert
Give yourself a pedicure in the comforts of your home, using ingredients that are readily available in the kitchen.
- Remove any nail polish. Fill a tub with warm water, adding in a squirt of shampoo, a spoonful of salt, and a few drops of both lemon juice and olive oil. Now soak your feet in it for 5-10 minutes.
- Rid your feet of dead skin and boost circulation, i.e., you need exfoliation. Here a few homemade scrubs you can try:
- Mix olive oil, salt, and lemon juice in a 2:2:1 ratio for a quick scrub.
- Mix egg and baking soda in a 1:2 ratio for a smoothening and brightening scrub.
- Massage the scrub on your feet concentrating on the soles and toes, and then wash it off.
- Now that you are done with the scrub, it is time to apply a mask. You can use any of the following:
- Mix olive oil and honey in a 1:3 ratio for a super softening effect.
- Mix oatmeal, olive oil, honey, and lemon juice in 2:2:2:1 ratio for soft and bright feet.
- Apply the mask and leave for 10 minutes; then wash with cold water.
- Now trim and file your nails. Cut your nails straight across and then file in your desired shape. Remember to file in one direction.
- Massage slightly warm olive oil (you can use a lotion instead) on your nails to soften the cuticles and then push them back with an orange stick.
- Moisturize your feet with your favourite lotion or olive oil.
- Wipe your nails with nail polish remover, and there you go!
Doing this once every two weeks would be good enough.