Make a bouncy ball that glows in the dark, so it won’t matter when it’s time for lights out. The Glow in the Dark Bouncy Ball is the latest and greatest way to bounce your way into fun!
- White school glue
- Borax (not to be swallowed)
- Corn starch
- Non-toxic highlighters
Method (per ball)
- In a small bowl combine ½ tsp of borax, 4 tbsp of corn starch and 4 tbsp of warm water and mix until all ingredients are dissolved.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 tbsp white glue and 1 tsp of glowing paint.
- To make glowing paint: open a non-toxic highlighter and remove the felt. Using a pair of pliers, break open the end of the highlighter. Remove the felt strip from the center and discard the plastic highlighter casing. Mix well, until the paint is completely blended into the glue.
- Once the ingredients of both bowls are well mixed combine the two bowls. Allow the ingredients to react by themselves for a minute or two and then begin stirring. As you stir, a sticky, slimy material will form. Take the material and work it with your hands, rolling and shaping it into a ball. As you roll the material, it will lose its stickiness and become dry and rather hard, yet still mold-able. Continue to roll the material, until you have formed your bouncy ball, repeating these steps for every color ball that you wish to make.
To read the rest of this article and more, subscribe to hibakidz