The following two tabs change content below.
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 8 chicken thighs with bone
- 2 tsp oil
- sliced green onions and lemon wedges (optional)
- Finely shred peel from lemon and juice lemon. In bowl combine the lemon peel, ginger and salt. In another bowl combine lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and 2 tbsp. water.
- Rub lemon peel mixture under the skin of the chicken thighs. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin side down, in the hot oil. Cook 7 minutes or until well-browned; turn chicken and add lemon juice mixture. Reduce heat; cover and cook 14 to 18 minutes longer or until done (180 degrees F.).
- Transfer chicken to plates. Skim fat from pan juices, if desired. Drizzle chicken with some of the pan juices. Top with green onion and serve with lemon wedges.