The following two tabs change content below.
Umm Isam is a writer and human resource trainer, based in Karachi.
In the Kitchen
- Buy your groceries on a weekly basis to avoid wastage which may incur due to monthly stocks.
- Supervise your servants to ensure they don’t waste your valuable stocks.
- Use your meal leftovers to prepare tasty dishes.
- Buy local food products instead of imported ones – this will support the economy too.
- Cook food for your dinners instead of getting it catered.
Using Electrical Appliances
- Never keep any appliance on a stand-by mode.
- Switch to energy-saving bulbs.
- Irons use maximum electricity in the first ten minutes – iron a maximum number of outfits in one go.
- Use sunlight instead of dryers to dry your clothes.
- Switch to split air conditioners for an economical electricity bill.
- Use air conditioners with timers
Credit and Banking
- Avoid credit cards altogether
- Be wary of bank charges on ATM withdrawals
- Always shop on a full stomach to avoid purchasing unnecessary eatables
- Make a list and shop according to that
- Be wary of sales – only buy what you genuinely need
- Make less trips to the market to avoid temptation
- Whenever you think of buying something, rate it on a scale of one to ten. If the rating is below 5, consider it as a luxury and not a necessity
Compiled by Umm Isam