The following two tabs change content below.
Uzma Jawed is a student of the Quran.
By Uzma Jawed
The following Ahadeeth of the Prophet (sa) give us quite a few hints and tips, as to how we can attain Jannah:
- “Whoever prays twelve Rakahs during the day and night, Allah (swt) will build for him a house in Paradise – four Rakahs before Zuhr and two after it; two after Maghrib; two after Isha and two before Fajr.” (Tirmidhi)
- “Whoever recites Ayat-ul-Kursi after each obligatory Salah, nothing stands in his way to Paradise except death.” (An-Nasai)
- “An accepted Hajj has no reward, except Paradise.” (Ahmad)
- The Prophet (sa) said: “If a woman dies while her husband was pleased with her, she will enter Paradise.” (Tirmidhi)
- “Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his jaw-bones and what is between his legs (i.e., his tongue and his private parts), I guarantee Paradise for him.” (Bukhari)
- “Allah (swt) admitted a man into Paradise, because he was lenient in his buying, selling, paying back and in demanding his money back.” (Bukhari and An-Nisai)
- “O people! Spread the Salam (greetings), feed (the poor and the needy), behave kindly to your blood relations, offer prayers, when others are asleep, and thus enter Paradise in peace.” (Ibn Majah)
- Prophet Ibrahim (as) asked our Prophet Muhammad (sa) on the night of the Isra to convey his greetings to this Ummah and to tell them the way, in which they could increase their share of the trees of Paradise. The Messenger of Allah (sa) said: “I met Ibrahim… and he said: ‘O Muhammad, tell your Ummah that Paradise is a land, whose soil is good and its waters sweet. It is an empty plain, which will be planted with Subhan’Allah, Alhumdulillah and Allahu Akbar.”’ (Tirmidhi)
- “Whoever performs Wudhu and does it properly, then lifts his gaze to the sky and says: ‘Ashhadu an la ilaha illa Allah, wahdahu la shareeka lah, wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abdahu wa rasuluhu,’ the eight gates of Paradise will be opened to him, and he will enter it through whichever one he wishes.” (Muslim and Ahmad)
- “In Paradise, there are eight gates, one of which is called ar-Rayyan. No one will enter it, except those who fast, and when they have entered, it will be locked behind them and no one else will enter it.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
- Among the honours bestowed upon the martyrs will be: “…There will be placed upon his head a crown of dignity, one ruby of which is better than this world and all that is in it.” (Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)