Spicy Meat Balls
- Minced Lamb 450g
- Salt ½ tsp
- Ground Cumin 1 tsp
- Ground Coriander 1tsp
- Garam Masala ¼ tsp
- Cayenne pepper ¼ tsp
- Green coriander 2 tbsp fresh (finely chopped)
- Natural Yogurt 3 tbsp
- To make the meatballs: combine all the ingredients for. Dip your hands in water whenever you need to and form about 30 meatballs.
- Put all the meatballs in a single layer on a greased oven tray and place into a preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Serve hot
Coconut Pistachio Barfi
- Coconut grated fresh (or desiccated) extra for coating 60g
- Caster sugar 55g
- Milk 125ml
- Butter 1tsp
- Green cardamom seeds ¼ tsp (ground)
- Pistachio nuts(chopped) ¼ cup
For the topping
- Milk chocolate 100g
- Double cream 30ml
- Place the coconut, sugar and milk in a small non-stick pan. Bring gently to boil and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add butter, ground cardamom and chopped pistachios; continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is sticky to touch but still moist and it starts to come off the base of the pan in a ball.
- Remove from the heat and scrape the mixture onto a plate. Set aside until it is just cool enough to handle.
- Form the mixture into little balls or ovals and coat in extra grated fresh coconut or desiccated coconut and place into cake cases.
- For the topping, melt together 100g milk chocolate and 30ml double cream. Cool slightly and spoon over Barfi balls. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and serve.