The following two tabs change content below.
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee is an Islamabad-based culinary expert.
- 1 cup yellow lentils (chana daal) (soak overnight)
- ½ pound meat (with bone)
- 4 cloves
- 5 pods of garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 large onion
- 1 table spoon curry powder (zeera, dhanniya, crushed dry red chilli)
- 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Boil the meat in some ginger and garlic.
- Cut the onion, ginger, garlic and chilli very finely.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion in it until brown.
- Now add in the ginger, garlic, chilli and curry powder.
- Add in some water.
- Add in some cloves.
- Now mix in the meat with the spices.
- After the meat is coated with the spices, put in the daal followed by a pint of water.
- Leave this to cook over a medium flame until the daal is cooked.
- 20 minutes before removing from the stove, add in salt and chilli powder according to taste.