- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (1)
- 2/3 cup hot cooked brown rice
1. In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat. Add carrot and celery; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add chicken; stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is done.
2. In a small bowl whisk together orange juice and cornstarch. Add soy sauce, honey, and ginger, whisking until well mixed. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken mixture in wok. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Cook for 1 minute more. Top with cashews and green onion. Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
(Recipe source: http://www.diabeticlivingonline.com)