The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Karrie Bhurgari (see all)
- How to Achieve Simple Living - January 13, 2014
- Chasing Away the Clutter: De-cluttering Toys - November 25, 2013
- Chasing Away the Clutter: The Bedroom and the Closet - August 25, 2013
- Chasing Away the Clutter: The Bathroom - March 31, 2013
- Chasing Away the Clutter – In the Home - March 17, 2013
- Glassware/Crockery: How many of those cups/mugs do you really use anyway?
- Cookbooks: If it’s not “your favorite”, clip or copy out the best recipes and discard the book.
- Gadget drawer: The one with 5 spatulas…
- Countertops: Find a new home for your things and remove the clutter from your sight
- Grocery/plastic bags: Save a few and recycle the other 50
- Fridge/freezer: Pull everything out, clean, and be selective about what goes back
- Pantry: Donate some of those uneaten non-perishables and clear the cabinets for stuff you really like.
- Junk drawer: Do you really need old batteries, old keys, old receipts, tape, paper clips, and rubber bands?
- Paper files: If you can, scan them to your computer. If not, sort and file.
- Bulletin board items: You’ve needed to declutter that for months anyway, so get rid of it
- Wall decorations – just keep 1 or 2 accent pieces (a clock and framed diploma)
- Desktop items – find a home out of sight for your stapler, tape, and paper clips
- Computer desktop icons – remove unneccesary icons (or hide all of them)
- Desk/junk drawer – see above
- Books – if you don’t use them, get rid of them
TV Lounge/Drawing and Dining Room
- CDs/DVDs: Get rid of the ones you don’t use or load onto an mp3 device. Put the remainders in storage or out of sight
- Decorative items: One or two is nice; more than that is clutter. Gift or give away.
- Entertainment centre: Remove old components and organize cords.
- China hutch: Opt for a storage type cabinet rather than the glass showcase or put the dishes in the kitchen. Better yet, do you need that extra set of china? Use it and get rid of an old set of dishware.
- Furniture: Remove and/or rearrange; you may love the new extra space
To be continued next week, Insha’Allah!