A handy checklist to help you pack a healthy mid-day meal for your kids:
- Provide water or other fluids to your children in order to avoid dehydration.
- Add a portion of dairy product, such as cheese slices, yoghurt, or milk.
- Add a portion of salad, such as carrots or cucumber. Make sure it looks appealing enough for your child to eat all of it.
- Once a week, include sweet items such as cupcakes or muffins, as an occasional treat.
- Add a portion of easy-to-eat fruits, such as bananas, grapes, apple wedges or peeled slices of orange.
- Add a portion of foods rich in carbohydrates, such as bread or noodles.
To read the rest of this article, and more, subscribe to Hiba Magazine