The skin on the elbows and knees has fewer oil glands. This leads to building up of dead cells, which make these places dark and dry, especially during winters. Hence, knees and elbows should be looked after daily. Following are some fruitful tips for easy and regular care:
- Add sugar or salt to a shower gel for making a nice scrub to use on your knees and elbows daily.
- Moisturize your elbows and knees with coconut or olive oil.
- Prepare a paste of chickpea flour and lime juice. Apply it on your knees and elbows. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and wash off with water.
- Grind mint leaves and mix into it a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to your elbows and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then, wash off with water.
- Rub your knees and elbows with a slice of lemon during a shower.
- Make a paste of a tablespoon of each: honey, milk, yoghurt and ground sesame seeds. Apply the paste to the affected areas before taking shower.
- Prepare a scrub with sandalwood and almond powders mixed with almond oil or milk. Massage it gently into the dark and affected areas. Wash it off with water after 10 minutes.