The following two tabs change content below.
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee is an Islamabad-based culinary expert.
- 1 Brain (goat)
- 1 onion
- 1 green chilli
- 2 oz flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 slice of bread
- Bread crumbs to coat.
- Clean the brain, wash it and boil it in water.
- Soak the slice of bread into water.
- Finely chop the onion and chill.
- Now remove the bread from the water and squeeze out all the water.
- Mix this bread into the brain.
- Then add the onion and chill.
- Now add the flour to combine the mixture together.
- Lastly add in the salt and pepper according to taste.
- Add an egg to the mixture only if you feel the mixture is not sticky enough.
- Take the mixture into the palm of your hands and form cutlets.
- Then coat these cutlets with bread crumbs and beaten eggs (salt and red chilli added).
- Now deep fry the cutlets and serve with ketchup.