The following two tabs change content below.
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee
Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee is an Islamabad-based culinary expert.
- 2 ½ oz of flour
- 1 dessert spoon of salad oil.
- ¾ gill of warm water. (1 gill= ¼ pint)
- 1 white of an egg
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas
- 2 oz of butter.
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a hole with your finger in the centre of the mixture and put the oil and gradually add the water. Stir well. Beat till smooth.
- Set aside for ½ an hour.
- Beat the white of an egg in a separate bowl, keep beating until the white becomes stiff.
- Now add the flour mixture into the white, and mix with a light hand
- Heat the oil.
- Cut the banana into long strips (each banana should be cut into four pieces).
- Now coat these strips with the mixture and deep fry the bananas.
- Take out the bananas when they turn brown.
- Sprinkle sugar on the banana chips. Eat while still hot.
Recipe by Zeenat Iqbal Hakimjee