- 4 mashed bananas (Carrot/apple or any other fruit can also be used)
- 2 1\3 cups of flour
- 2 1\3 cups of sugar
- 2\3 cup of oil or butter
- 2\3 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon of yoghurt added to it will keep the bread soft
- 3 eggs
- 1 1\4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 1\4 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Optional dry fruits like walnuts or raisins
Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and butter your loaf pan.
Step 2. Whip eggs for 2-3 minutes, add oil and sugar and whip until colour changes to frothy white. Mix all dry ingredients in the flour and add this dry mixture slowly into the egg mixture. Mashed bananas and dry fruits should be added carefully while mixing with a wooden spoon.
Step 3. Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the centre of banana bread comes out clean.
Step 4. Remove from oven and let it cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.