Assalamu Alaikum. My name is Farah. Recently my parents and teachers have been very annoyed with ne, and they say that I am a ‘bully’. But I am just defending myself. How do I know if I am bullying? Please help!
It is very responsible of you to want to improve your action. Only brave kids can do this, so feel good about your efforts.
What is bullying? Bullying is when someone is picked on by a person or group. Bullies might make fun of people who they think don’t fit in for their:
- Appearance (how someone looks)
- Behaviour (how someone acts)
- Race or religion
- Social status (whether someone is popular)
Bullying can come in different ways:
- Physical bullying is when bullies hurt others physically. This might be shoving, tripping, punching, or hitting.
- Verbal bullying is taunting or teasing someone.
- Psychological bullying is gossiping about or excluding people to make them feel bad about themselves.
What if you are the bully?
This is an excerpt, and there’s more in the magazine. Print issue of hibakidz is available from our online store: