Latest posts by Rahila Aziz (see all)
- As-Salam—The Giver and Source of Peace; The Perfection - October 14, 2017
- Allah (swt) is the source of peace. He loves peace and gives peace to all His creations, even though they are disobedient towards Him.
- Allah (swt) is perfect. He is free from all imperfections and deficiencies.
- Allah (swt) gave this pure gift of Salam to Adam (as). When He had created Adam, Allah said: “Go and greet them (a group of angels who were sitting) and listen to how they respond, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your descendants.” So He said: “Assalamu Alaikum.” And they said: “Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullah.” The angels added the word: “Warahamatullah.” (Bukhari and Muslim)
- Salam is Allah’s (swt) name send down to the Earth as a gift. We can give this gift to each other when we say: “Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu (May the peace and the mercy of Allah be upon you).”
To read the rest of this article, and more, subscribe to Hiba Magazine.