Farheen Khan offers the recipe of a triangular pie, which is bread stuffed with a mixture of hearty nuts and sugar.
- Raisins – 500 gm
- Sugar – according to taste
- Almonds – 500 gm cut into small cubes
- Apples – 1/2 peeled & cut into small cubes
- Crushed & dried coconut – 750 gm
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Other nuts like pistachios – according to taste
- Fine flour (Meada) – 2 cups
- Take flour, add 2 tbs of oil in it and knead the flour with water until it is done. It should not be too hard or too soft. Leave the dough to rest for about half an hour (if u have time).
- In another bowl, mix all the ingredients with sugar (3 tbsp or as desired) – this will serve as the filling.
- Then take small balls of the dough and make thin covering (just like Peeta bread) and cut that into half.
- Now, place 1 tbsp of filling in each half and shape as desired (like a samosa or any other shape).
- Seal the ends with water.
- Chill it in the freezer for 30 min for good results; then, deep-fry.
- Serve hot and enjoy!